The Untold Stories……Through the eyes of a mother
I have so many things to teach you. I have so many things to tell you. You have so much to understand. The world is not a shade of white and black, it has so many shades depending on the mood. And I have to be sure to teach them to you the right way, in a way that will build you up and not bring you down, that will motivate you to continue learning.
I am flawed and will make mistakes in teaching you how not to make mistakes. I still know you will make mistakes, just as I have. No one is perfect, and I want you to know right now that I don’t expect you to be perfect. I don’t even expect you to be close to perfect. But I do feel I can help guide you through certain areas of life in which you might feel inadequate.
Some of my letters to you will go deep, some will be more instructional and others will be downright silly.
Before I take you through life, I want you to know some rules …rules every girl must live by:
- Smile as much as possible. Beauty is a state of mind, not a state of body
- Always be in the middle of a book. Keep it in your purse — that’s why we lug around such big bags!
- Take care of your hygiene. Be smart always.
- Live life for you. Not me, not your man, not your friends. It is the only way you will ever be truly happy.
- People are always going to talk. So do your thing. Do You
- No matter how old you are in number, don’t forget how it feels to be young.
8. Baby girl,just because a guy pays for dinner doesn’t mean you owe him sex.
- If a boy is mean to you, it’s not because he likes you, it’s because he’s mean.
10. Don’t count yourself out. Don’t be the kind of woman that says “I could never do that” or “I’m just happy with my quiet life.” The universe is so much bigger than us.It conspires to give us what we want. Go for what you want baby girl.
- You are going to make mistakes: Wrong career, the wrong boyfriend, wrong friends. Everything happens for a reason. You will recover and come back better than ever.
12. Never make plans after 8pm with a new guy unless you’re just looking for sex. Don’t be coy, and treat it as a date,babe it’s not a date, it’s an invitation for sex. And that’s fine IF that’s what you want.Sex should come from within.. And kindly let the boy wrap up his tools
13. Always walk away from arguments. They are ugly.
And most importantly…
Listen to your mother.
The reason I am blogging is because of the myriads of questions you ask me. Some are funny, others witty and some agitate me. Don’t worry I hold nothing against you; questions are part of growing up. Daughters are meant to know and agitate their mother’s vulnerable spots—it’s part of the special intimacy we share. I want you to see the world through my eye. Let us Journey together